We have a unique vision for the future and possess the means to scale it worldwide:
Humanitarian concerns affect more than a 100 million people each year and extreme poverty currently impacts roughly 1.3 billion people worldwide. They face volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity which results in war, natural disasters and extreme poverty. We are compelled to act because of our deep passion to help humanity.
There an opportunity to help these dire situations. Lives can be saved, suffering can be reduced and people's resilience can be supported. To this end, between 60-80% of international aid is spent on logistics. Yet today’s supply chains that bring aid are slow, expensive and cumbersome. With the right approach through local manufacturing to transform lives for the better.
We believe that everyone will have the supplies they need, where they need them and when they need them. This means that:
· Relief, recovery and reconstruction are done ‘faster, cheaper and better’
· Reliance on fragile and costly supply chains is reduced – and the benefits of localization are increased – because 100% of supplies that CAN be made locally ARE
· Aid will be delivered more efficiently and effectively because will always have the supplies they need to do their work
· Resilience and preparedness is increased because they have access to means of production tools and the capabilities to realize their own recovery with them
Making: We specialize in local manufacturing, fabricating and repairing useful things in the difficult environments. We have the technical know-how and the experience to deploy resources to where need is greatest. Our approach works across humanitarian sectors (e.g. health, nutrition, shelter, water and sanitation) and relies on partnership to be successful.
Training: We focus on passing on knowledge to others. We strengthen the skills, competencies and abilities of aid workers and disaster affect-affected people. We have the curricula, equipment and know-how to do this wherever we work.
Innovating; We are pioneering ways to transform humanitarian logistics. We create innovative solutions in our sector that have not been tried, developed and scaled ever before. We bring people together in new ways - online and in the field - to amplify the impact of our approach.
Our approach is based on the best practices from a variety of sectors including international aid, design, engineering and technology. We achieve extraordinary outcomes through a simple approach that is easily scaled:
· Our team specializes in working in places and on problems that other people avoid or walk away from
· We build on existing capacities by filling gaps and supporting what works.
· Our proven five step approach has produced results in the worst situations. This is detailed further at the link below.
We are working hard toward a future where logistical needs are met wherever need arises. Over the course of the next decade, our now innovative approach will be scaled and mainstreamed. This will reach a point where it becomes a standard way of providing international aid. This means that aid is ‘faster, cheaper and better’ so that more people are helped and the current shortcomings of aid are significantly reduced. Already we have:
· Reached as much as a 90% reduction in price of some live saving humanitarian supplies.
· Delivered items in a matter hours where it would otherwise take weeks or months.
· We enhanced the resilience and preparedness of the communities we work in by enabling local manufacturing and other means of recovery.
· Trained over a 1,000 people and our designs, knowledge and 'secrets' of our approach have been shared openly and widely.