DESIGN CHALLENGE: CAD Model for Medical Tweezers
Field Ready is working with World Vision to provide medical supplies to a number of Heath Posts in the Dolakha district in Nepal. Health posts provide a local first point of contact for those in rural areas who may need medical assistance, and provide basic medical care. A simple item often needed is a pair of tweezers – used for a range of purposes, from removing foreign bodies to handling sterile bandages. However, if dropped, they must be re-sterilized, which can make routine tasks frustrating and slow for health workers who often only have a couple of pairs.
Provide a CAD model for a simple set of tweezers.
CAN I HELP?
Designs are required to:
• Be submitted with a CAD file of choice eg. sldprt, and an STL file for printing
• Be submitted on Thingiverse or equivalent platform
• Enable items to be gripped easily and securely
• Have teeth at the tip and grips on the handle
• Take into account key dimensions shown in the images
• Be printable in ABS and PLA
Additional bonus points for:
• Adjustments to the design to minimise support structure